Monday, September 3

Lots of progress!

Well, where to begin? Firstly, I haven't updated the blog in the last few days for various reasons, mainly due to the fact that, most evenings last week and much of the weekend, I was feverishly working away in the garden.

We've cleared the coal out of the bunker, mostly, into 8 bags, a hippo and an old dustbin. Apparently the vicar at St Peters in Farnborough uses a coal fire, and I haven't heard back from Richard at the Crooked Billett. We've filled a 5 cy skip will all the remnants of the hedge, the hardcore and lots of other things that were unearthed behind the garage. It's surprising how much land there actually is round the back there, when you can actually see it ;)

Oh, and we've also been trying to persuade a grumpy family of toads to relocate into the garden over the fence; since we've now demolished the bunker I doubt they'll be coming back, but it did keep interrupting us as we were trying (successfully so far) to avoid stepping on them or flattening them with a shovel.

I picked up the new toy on Saturday evening, and suffice it to say that I can't get the grin off my face. It's still at the novelty stage, of course, so when I drove it round to its current overnight resting place yesterday, I mysteriously turned left out of the estate (for some reason) and the 500 yard trip turned into a 25 minute blast. Until the fuel light came on, of course ... sigh.

More soon, including pictures hopefully!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one Martin. Get the pics online please. How will Aus treat the car?

Derek

Unknown said...

Martin

When are you leaving for Oz? Put those car pics online and take some wherever you stop on your travels.

Derek

Martin said...

Aus should be OK, it's pretty dry and hopefully that will help avoid the bane of all older motors - RUST! To be honest the car's very good on that front so the only real issue will be the journey out there in a container.

I'm planning to head out in the first couple of weeks of November, so I'll certainly be getting all the pictures online wherever I go. Hoping to upload some tonight actually :)